Monday, December 7, 2015

What would you do?




You’ve been abducted. You’re trapped in a room with another person. One gun. One bullet. No food. No water. There’s only one way to survive. You have to kill the other person.


Would your survival instincts kick in? And if you kill that other person, could you truly live with yourself afterwards? Or would you fall victim to the weight of the guilt?


What if that other person were your business partner, your best friend, your lover, or your child? How does that impact your decision?


That’s the premise for the international bestseller Eeny Meeny written by M.J. Arlidge. Detective Inspector Helen Grace, who has personal issues of her own, is on the case, trying to solve it quickly before the next victims are abducted.


I liked Eeny Meeny for its short, quick bursts of chapters, which was easy to squeeze into my lifestyle. The writing quality was average, but the plot was intriguing/disturbing enough to retain my interest for the majority of the story. I think there may have been just one scenario too many for me, but overall I enjoyed getting to know the victims, the dynamics of their relationships, and the resolution of their horrific situation.



My rating for Eeny Meeny: 3 ½ out of 5 stars. 



#Mystery #GetBrave #MJAlridge #EenyMeeny #Books

No comments: