I had so much fun creating one story, I kept going and created three.
“Treasure! And it’s all mine.”
Kaida tucks the gem under her scale and soars through the sky.
But she hears another dragon far below cry, “One gem shy.”
So Kaida shares her gem. Draconia shares his ice cream.
Together, they share a most delicious treasure of all … friendship.
WHAT’S THE POINT?
“Ho hum. I am so dull.”
“Take a spin with me. I’m all the buzz.”
And so Pencil met Sharpener.
Together they created ideas, art, and became best friends.
When Pencil hit a breaking point, Sharpener was there.
And Pencil shared Sharpener’s daily grind.
Until Pencil’s life ended short.
AN HONEST SNAKE
Trussst me. I’m not going to bite you.
But you’re a snake. And snakes eat rats.
True. But I sssaid I wouldn’t bite you.
Promise you won’t bite me?
Ok. You seem like a nice, honest snake.
I am. GULP. I ssswallow my food whole.
#50 PRECIOUS WORDS WRITING CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
- Write a story appropriate for kids ages 12 or under, using only 50 words…they can all be different words, or you can use some of them over and over…just as long as the total word count of the story is 50 or less.
- It can be prose, rhyme, free verse, silly or serious…whatever works for you.
- Title is not included in the word count.
- No illustration notes please.
- Between March 2nd and March 6th, post your story on your blog if you have one and want to and put the link in the comments of this post. Or copy and paste the entire story in the comments of this post. I ask for the link so that people will visit each other and find new friends in the kid lit community. Please make sure you put your name in the post. If you have any trouble at all posting the link or the story, please email me and I will be happy to do it for you: email@example.com.
- Deadline for posting the story or the link in the comments is Monday, March 6, at 11:59pm.
- Winners will be announced in a special blog post on Thursday, March 9.
- Winners? Of course, there will be winners…and prizes, too!